S.T. Challis Ltd
A brief history
The 1920's were the formative years of the British freight industry and S.T. Challis have been there from the start.
At first the company was a typical haulier operating light tippers from Pattishall, Northamptonshire. Livestock haulage was added to the services offered and the company served the local farms moving sheep and cattle to and from the local farms and markets.
The company was bought by the Butt Family in the mid fifties and moved to its present site at Badby Nr Daventry, Northamptonshire. Livestock haulage continued to be the main business undertaken until the foot and mouth epidemic of 1968 when livestock movements ceased for the duration of the epidemic. The company was able to remove the cattle box bodies and operated as a general carrier until foot and mouth was under control. Livestock movements recommenced and the company continued to work as a livestock haulier and a general carrier.
S.T. Challis now operate a modern fleet of maximum capacity articulated vehicles complemented by a comprehensive trailer pool.
Need more details? Contact us
We are here to assist. Contact us by phone, email or via our Social Media channels.